Contracts Finder Archive management
Contracts Finder Archive is a read only archive of historic contract data from the Business Link Contracts Finder website that closed in February 2015. Full information is provided on the CFA page: https://data.gov.uk/data/contracts-finder-archive
Download of the database (details of contracts) is available on the Data Download page: https://data.gov.uk/data/contracts-finder-archive/data-feeds/. Download of the contract documents can only by done by making HTTP requests for each one.
Removals and redactions
Occasionally information needs removing from CFA.
- Only the department or agency that posted the contract may request its removal - companies should contact the relevant department or agency
- The department or agency must confirm that the information is exempt from the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the principle categories being:
- security services (s23)
- national security (s24)
- defence (s26)
- health and safety (s38)
- personal information (s40)
- provided in confidence (s41)
- Note: “The Information Tribunal has confirmed that information contained in a contract between a public authority and a third party represents the conclusion of negotiations between the two parties, and as such is jointly created rather than being obtained by the public authority from the contractor. It is therefore not confidential information.” source
- prejudicial to commercial interests (s43)
- Note: pricing of a contract, once struck, is not usually commercially sensitive. This clause usually covers documents that reveal trade secrets, profit margins, or the detail of how a company manages to achieve a low price. Refer to ICO guidance
- The department should contact data.gov.uk with:
- the reason (i.e. FOI exemption category)
- a link/URL of the document to be removed e.g. ‘https://data.gov.uk/data/contracts-finder-archive/download/1759727/da57d27a-5632-4ebf-b779-0f4b636068d9’ Supply a list if necessary
- The removal is usually done within 24 hours, but depends on staff availability.